Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My poor dad!

My dad fell off a ladder on Saturday. He broke his lower right leg. He broke the top of the tibia (sp? )where it connects with the Patella. It was a very bad break. So bad he was sent to Morgantown. He had surgery on Sunday to put rods into his bones to keep his leg stable. They can't put plates in until the swelling goes down, which will not happen for another 2 to 4 weeks. It will be a total of at least 4 to 5 months of total recovery. If you don't know my dad, he is extremely active. He is always working on his garden or playing with the kids. This will be a hard 5 months so please keep him in your prayers. I know he is strong and he will make it through! I have posted a picture of his leg. If you are grossed out easily you may not want to continue on to the picture.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh NO! That looks so painful! Lots of prayers comin' your and his way!